Professor Graham Leese is an NHS consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes. He has diverse research interest, but they are especially focussed on the diabetic foot, diabetic eye disease and Endocrine epidemiology. He has linked his work in these three areas with Go-DARTS, and has collaborated in a number of other areas. He is also part of the SDRN epidemiology group.
He has published about 240 peer reviewed papers.
- Professor Graham Leese. Go-DARTS related publications from 240 peer –reviewed publications (updated Jan 2018)
- Male preponderance in early diagnosed type 2 diabetes is associated with the ARE insertion/deletion polymorphism in the PPP1R3A locus. BMC genetics (2003) 4: 11- 19. Doney ASF, Fischer B, Cecil JE, Cohen PTW, Boyle DI, Leese GP, Morris AD, Palmer CAN
- Increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in type-2 diabetes is associated with GST theta null genotype Circulation (2005) 111: 2927-2934. Doney ASF, Lee S, Leese GP, Morris AD, Palmer CNA.
- Association of common variation in the PPARA gene with incident myocardial infarction in individuals with type 2 diabetes: A Go-DARTS study. Nucl Receptor (2005) 3: 4 Doney ASF, Fisher B, Lee SP, Morris AD, Leese G, Palmer CN.
- TCF7L2 is a robust type 2 diabetes gene which displays co-dominant risk for impaired glucose control in diabetic and non-diabetic: A GoDARTS study Diabetologia (2007) 50: 1186-1191. Kimber CH, Doney ASF, Pearson ER, McCarthy MI, Hattersley AT, Leese GP, Morris AD, Palmer CAN
- Reduced function SLC22A1 polymorphisms encoding Organic Cation Transporter 1 (OCT1) and glycaemic response to metformin: A Go-DARTS study. Diabetes (2009) 58: 1434-9. Zhou K, Donnelly LA, Kimber CH, Donnan PT, Doney AS, Leese G, Hattersley AT, McCarthy MI, Morris AD, Palmer CN, Pearson ER.
- The Y402H variant of Complement Factor H is associated with age related macular degeneration but not with diabetic eye disease in the Go-DARTS Study Diab Med (2009) 26: 460-465. Doney ASF, Leese GP, Olson J, Morris AD, Palmer CNA
- Loss of function CYP2C9 variants improve therapeutic response to sulfonylureas in type 2 diabetes: A Go-Darts study. Clin Pharmacol Therap (2010) 87: 52-56. Zhou K, Donnelly L, Burch L, Tavendale R, Doney ASF, Leese G, Hattersley AT, McCarthy MI, Morris AD, Lang CC, Palmer CAN, Pearson ER
- Interaction between variants in the CYP2C9 and POR genes and the risk of sulfonylurea-induced hypoglycemia: A GoDARTS study. Diab Obes Metab 2017; In press. Dujic T, Zhou K, Donnelly LA, Leese G, Palmer CNA, Pearson ER
- Replication confirms association of loci in FOXE1, PDE8B, CAPZB and PDE10A with thyroid traits: a GoDARTS study. Pharmacogenetics Genomics 2017; 27: 356-362. Soto-Pedre E, Siddiqui MK, Doney AS, Palmer CNA, Pearson ER, Leese GP